Please Log-in or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 47 Votes - 3.15 Average
Server Closing
10-29-2014, 10:08 PM
TNT Server Closing
Hello, Community of Rice-Think
I come bearing some sad news.

As many of you have noticed, the server has been fairly empty as of late. Although the community seems to be relatively lively, as seen on Skype and the spurts in the forums; it seems that the server has gone. The staff has discussed this several times in the past, but now we finally believe it is time to hang up our coats - to close this chapter of our lives and open a new one.

Rice-Think has been a home to all of us, it has had it's good times and it's bad times, it has had it's share of memories from all of us, and it has been a place of comfort for all of us - a home away from home. I hope that this legacy can live on within the community and in our hearts, but the server itself - combined with the struggles that Rice-Think has faced, with the shriviling activity, as well as bukkit facing extinction and potentially minecraft itself - shall be coming to an end.

It may be possible for get-togethers to be arranged, small minigames hosted, or things on someone's own server, or things of the like, but these will not be taking place on our beloved IP - Rice-Think.net. It might be worth mentioning that the forums are paid for for the next year or so, meaning if you desire you can still use the forums be it for arranging gatherings, discussing other games/servers, or just chatting.

So for now I say goodbye to all of you. Thank you for your time on Rice-Think, for your time, for your joy, for your tears, and for everything that has made these past years so memorable, and thank you for holding true through the worst.

I've been a part of Rice-Think for over 4 years, and I cannot begin to describe how much it pains me to see it go, but alas, it has reached it's end. Although the server is closing, it will forever remain a part of me, as I'm sure it will in you all as well.

The server will be closing permanently around November 20th, 2014
The worlds will be put up for download then.

Rest in Peace, Rice-Think.net
10-29-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: Server Closing
REPLIES FOR NON-STAFF GO HERE: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I would just like to take the time to go and thank each and every member of this server. Every player, every staff member, every VIP and BOT (now donator). Every Member and every default even. You guys, the PEOPLE have really made Rice-think. A server and a forums are lines of code without the people to bring them to life, to give them meaning. To give them a purpose. I thank every single one of you, through the good times and the bad, for making Rice-think what it is, and sadly, now was. We have 15,288 posts, 2,445 threads, and with 1,244 members on this forum, guys, we did well. We did well. I cannot even begin to think back to all the memories here, the hours spent, the blood, sweat, and tears that went into Rice-think. The friendships formed, and disbanded as well. The fiascos, events, the fun. FunFact: I was actually banned twice as a default. Imagine if I hadn't bothered to appeal. I've been here for ~2 years, 5 months, 29 days. As Sinj has said, it is time to begin a new chapter in our lives, turn to a new page. He is right. But my page of Rice-think will always be bookmarked.

The memories will never go away, they will just be moved back. There is so so much more I could say, but I want to keep this short(ish), as we all know Rice-think. We all know what can be said. It was our home, a home that we will always remember.

Thank you for your time on Rice-Think.net.

Goodnight, sweet prince

Long Live RT

[Image: braoOLj.png]

Et signing out
10-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Hey all,

I just wanted to add that it has been the greatest pleasure getting to know everyone and having some good times together over the years.
So to the current staff, it has been a privilege working alongside you this past year but unfortunately when somethings broken - especially the way RT was it's almost impossible to repair.
To the players who came on and made everyday enjoyable - thank you for making the community and I hope we can all keep in contact over skype.

I hope that though the server is shutting down, we can still try and keep in regular contact and try play some other games - or even minecraft on another server doing survival games or something like that.

So, thank you all staff, current and retired for the hard work you've put over the years - and thank you players for giving us staff a reason to try and make the server better.

Most importantly, thanks for all the good times and the memories Big Grin

<3

gav

Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/IkiX059.png[/img][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/5ds76e.jpg[/img]
11-09-2014, 05:17 PM
All,

Though I have been one of the newer staff, and bear the burden of not being regularly on since the end of summer, I am sad to see the server close. As Et said, it's not the server - it never was. It was always the people. Otherwise, why bother with Multiplayer? From long discussions with Dtra, to wondering how many doggies one girl could possibly have, to getting killed countless times by Dirpz, I will miss the people on Rice-Think. Like many, I hope we will see you online again, but it will never be quite the same.

Cheers,

Jedi
Thread Closed