Please Log-in or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 52 Votes - 3.04 Average
Replies to Server Closing
10-29-2014, 11:41 PM
Replies to Server Closing
Please reply to this post with your replies to the Announcement.

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/a3319u.png[/IMG]
[color=#FFFFFF][size=medium][b]Crispytenders. 'Nuff Said.[/b][/size][/color]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/wAD79ek.gif[/img]

10-30-2014, 06:07 AM
RE: Replies to Server Closing
Damnit Sad that's gonna suck

[IMG]http://snag.gy/HAmaO.jpg[/IMG]
10-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Sad to see, but the right decision. Does Sean know (or be bothered?)? Also... Tnt the world AFTER the backups are made?
10-30-2014, 02:26 PM
It is very sad to see this server go. I would like to say that this was one of my favorite servers and one of my first servers I ever joined. I enjoyed every single one of you people that could turn my bad day into a good day. I haven't really been that active as of late due to working and other things but, I hope we all can keep in contact on skype.

My Skype: zerogravitycat1

Though i never became mod or admin like i would have loved too, just being a vip was enough because you all made me happy to be on a good server.

Me and my brother (DarkDragonKing1) are in talks with opening our own minecraft server soon since I am working and can afford to pay for the server hosting etc. You all are welcome to join it when we create it. Keep in contact with me through skype for more details on this.

I would like to thank everyone who was my best friends on this server and even the ones who just enjoyed seeing me on there. Thank you all for the good times.

LONG LIVE RICE-THINK Heart

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2m3slrl.png[/IMG]
10-30-2014, 06:43 PM
c/p what I said in skype:
Also, just to let you know, even though bukkit has closed, it doesn't mean that you can't update to 1.8 etc.
There's still spigot, which is active.
You only need to get an illegal? jar file of the latest build, and then run a patcher for new updates (that isn't illegal).
(This format is the same as ROM formats for emulators, only in this case, it's a sort of 'illegal but legal' situation for us. It won't be legally an issue, since if it was, we would see many servers like wynncraft and hypixel shut down for an illegal file. But in this case, meh)

Also it is sad to see it go ;-;
10-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Spoiler:
(10-30-2014 06:43 PM)pianoboy8 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.c/p what I said in skype:
Also, just to let you know, even though bukkit has closed, it doesn't mean that you can't update to 1.8 etc.
There's still spigot, which is active.
You only need to get an illegal? jar file of the latest build, and then run a patcher for new updates (that isn't illegal).
(This format is the same as ROM formats for emulators, only in this case, it's a sort of 'illegal but legal' situation for us. It won't be legally an issue, since if it was, we would see many servers like wynncraft and hypixel shut down for an illegal file. But in this case, meh)

Also it is sad to see it go ;-;

Be careful as THEY are watching

Also reply will come after I gather my damned thoughts

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Io6XBRRUs&list=FLw_5X6pUr7XhBCKW0WqQ7AQ][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/1zir6q.png[/IMG]
[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Io6XBRRUs&list=FLw_5X6pUr7XhBCKW0WqQ7AQ][quote='SafetyDants' dateline='9999999999']
Dants without Pants
[/quote][/url]
[quote='DantaeusFeriluce' pid='18408' dateline='000000001']
I suck at any language don't expect much from me
[/quote]
11-01-2014, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 08:01 PM by hubo_amarado.)
So i skimmed through stuff. May have missed some players who are regularly on, but pretty much it's this for the past month and 5 days:
danteusferiluce
0swin0swald
ninjamines
grimmcat
zerogravitycat
burnning1
bludude4
abipolartree
l53
dal360
dvallejo
hubo_amarado

Now, that is about 12 people, which is pretty slow but still fairly normal. The reason why the server feels dead is because out of the staff, only SIX out of TWELVE have been on. So that was all artificial inflation anyways. There will be less people on during school-times as well.

I think that this is just a management issue.

Hopefully, Oz's brother will be able to host and maybe that'll fix our issues (since gav doesn't wanna foot the bill any more)

[IMG]http://snag.gy/HAmaO.jpg[/IMG]
11-01-2014, 09:02 PM
(11-01-2014 08:01 PM)hubo_amarado Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.So i skimmed through stuff. May have missed some players who are regularly on, but pretty much it's this for the past month and 5 days:
danteusferiluce
0swin0swald
ninjamines
grimmcat
zerogravitycat
burnning1
bludude4
abipolartree
l53
dal360
dvallejo
hubo_amarado

Now, that is about 12 people, which is pretty slow but still fairly normal. The reason why the server feels dead is because out of the staff, only SIX out of TWELVE have been on. So that was all artificial inflation anyways. There will be less people on during school-times as well.

Hopefully, Oz's brother will be able to host and maybe that'll fix our issues (since gav doesn't wanna foot the bill any more)

I come on occasionally but thats only whenever i get the chance anymore

Clash of clans? maybe but until clan wars was added the name was pointless
11-02-2014, 01:18 PM
(11-01-2014 08:01 PM)hubo_amarado Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.So i skimmed through stuff. May have missed some players who are regularly on, but pretty much it's this for the past month and 5 days:
danteusferiluce
0swin0swald
ninjamines
grimmcat
zerogravitycat
burnning1
bludude4
abipolartree
l53
dal360
dvallejo
hubo_amarado

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. I would like to set a few things straight here, for everybody. I'm just going to be flat out and frank. Every person listed is either a VIP or a Donator. Rice-think.net is a public server, not a private whitelisted one with a tight nit community. Saturating the online players with older members of the community causes multiple problems. In RT's case, online players ARE older members of the community. First and foremost, older players do not give donations. They have already donated or know the community well enough and have decided that they will not donate. I took up the offer to pay for the website for last month. Am I complaining though? No. I did so without a second thought, but this goes to show that for the server to stay afloat, we need new players who donate to move up in the ranks. Which brings me to my second reason. Half the purpose of staff is to administrate and moderate new players. When you have trusted veterans of RT on, you don't need to watch them. You don't need to check their logs, or remind them of the rules. They are self sustaining and don't need the "default treatment". So what does that leave the staff to do? Depends on which one of us you are. I'm a backend maintenance guy who fixes and installs plugins and does new player checks. I frequent the forums, as I can do so from a mobile device, and I also take care of report threads if I see them. I don't have a house, because when I am online it is usually not for leisure. I don't really have projects that I want to work on or have the building skills for, such as an aesthetically pleasing new spawn and the like. Dtra on the other hand has amazing building skills and does his staff duties as well as builds crazy awesome stuff like the PVP arena. Ellie loves to play as a normal player as well as be a staff member, etc. It really differs from person to person, but without people online, RT stops becoming my #1 priority, I'm gonna just say it. 0/80 online. Ok, what can I do? The server isn't broken, theres nobody online, nobody is suggesting new plugins that are staff ok'd, theres nobody to do checks on, I don't have a spawn or arena to build, etc. I have this math homework I should probably get started on anyway. Real life comes first. That has been the consensus for some time now.

The staff have felt that the end has been coming for a while, and shutting down has been discussed before, but an effort was made to change up some things and that just delayed it a bit more every time. Our youtube video and channel is constantly spammed by a.v.o supporters and anything with the title Rice-Think that isn't some loser coming on to grief gets disliked to all hell. Look at our video, 4 likes to 9 dislikes, and countless comments Ive had to delete asking people to come grief and how the server sucks. We were self sustaining for a while, but that has pretty much ended. After the server transfer and ownership change plus the social issues that had, many people left last year as well. Worlds changed, people left, and we grew smaller. School started, people left, and we grew smaller.

The issue we have been struggling with for a while is just the lack of new players. We are glad there are still people who stick around, but when you really get down to it, a server needs a constant feed of new players. We've tried to get more people online, but it hasn't really worked. A lot of players are also sort of growing out of playing MC seriously. Also, with the whole microsoft debacle, I know people who are stepping away because they feel like its lost the charm. Thats the reason you often used to see new players commenting on how they enjoy the small community. These are so hard to do. Why? Because very successful servers have player slots in the 100's and you can't even hear yourself think in chat. We were rare in that we had the shell of a large community and were managing to stay afloat with <15 people online. Living on the influx of players having free time on holidays is not how a server should run.

RT is not alone in this. The same is happening to Scribbleserver. We have been a community for years, which is a very long time for a minecraft server. If we aren't moving up or holding steady strong, then the only other direction is down.

We did not want to do this. We really didn't, but it was time. Call it a management issue all you'd like, but a public server needs new players to continue operation. It doesn't matter who is hosting, it matters who is joining.

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/a3319u.png[/IMG]
[color=#FFFFFF][size=medium][b]Crispytenders. 'Nuff Said.[/b][/size][/color]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/wAD79ek.gif[/img]

11-03-2014, 08:29 AM
danteusferiluce
0swin0swald
ninjamines
grimmcat
zerogravitycat
burnning1
bludude4
abipolartree
l53
dal360
dvallejo
hubo_amarado

Sorry, thought I would just add that I would still be happy to continue paying for hosting for the foreseeable future but as others have said. The server isn't growing, it's fairly stagnant and I believe that these current 12 people WILL like myself grow bored with minecraft (thats purely the reason I've not been on because I have no inspiration to build or do anything in it. And when people get bored and come on less often it feels as though there is very little point in hosting the server.

So, if some of you guys want to try and host a server. Go for it and if you make it public, who knows - you might even see me on it in a few months time. So if you do decide to create a new server, please let one of the admins - best bet sinjid know if you would like any of the configs or maps from RT to help you get set up the best you can.

Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/IkiX059.png[/img][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/5ds76e.jpg[/img]