Please Log-in or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 118 Votes - 2.93 Average
[IG-Tut]Residences(Self-serve protection)
10-15-2011, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 06:27 PM by jbanto.)
[IG-Tut]Residences(Self-serve protection)
NOTE: As many of you may know, I've been inactive lately both on the forums and in-game. I've been busy running my own server that uses a much simpler area protection plugin. As such, I'm releasing the contents of this guide to staff editing so if anyone wants to update the information below please do; the residence plugin has been updated many times since this guide was last updated so a few things are out of date and missing. In the meantime click You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. to visit the official plugin wiki for updated info.

Rice-think offers a self-serve protection plugin that allows players to protect their stuff. This plugin can be extremely useful and sean strongly suggest you use this to protect your stuff and reduce grief. In this tutorial I will try to go over the basics and some advanced features. All commands are in parenthesis, type what's inside the parenthesis, without including the parenthesis.

Getting started:

Grab a wooden axe and select your two points as indicated in the picture.
[Image: 9h0s47.png]

Type (/res create [resname]) to protect that area, now only you can build/destroy blocks, use buttons/levers/doors, and open chests in the protected area.

Now type (/res tpset) to set a teleport location, you can return to that location with (/res tp [resname]). Don't rely on this though as residences may disappear due to random bugs, use (/home) and (/sethome) as a backup.

Guide:

Commands: For all commands, add a ? after the command to learn how to use ex: (/res create ?)

Res help page 1, (/res ? 1)
(/res select): Allows you to select points using numbers instead of clicking with a wooden axe.
(/res create): Create a residence, a res name is case sensitive and you may not have spaces, if you put a "." in the name (test.name) it will turn into a "_" (test_name)
(/res remove): Removes a residence, if no name is specified, it will delete the residence you are in, you must own the residence to delete it and must confirm you wish to delete it.

Res help page 2, (/res ? 2)
(/res removeall): Removes all of your residences
(/res confirm): Confirms you want to do an action(you will be prompted if you need to confirm something
(/res subzone): Creates a residence inside a residence, select points the same way as you would for a normal residence, make sure the area is within the primary res
(/res area): Manage physical areas for a residence
(/res info): Displays information about the residence your in
(/res limits): Shows your limits/permissions
(/res message): Manage residence enter/leave messages

Res help page 3, (/res ? 3)
(/res lease) manage residence leases(residences expire after a certain amount of time, (/res lease renew) renews the lease on your res
(/res bank) not important
(/res tp) Teleport to a residence
(/res tpset) Set teleport location for a residence
(/res set) Set general flags
(/res pset) Set flags for a specific player
(/res gset) Set flags for a specific residence group (/res limits) for most of us its default unless your an admin, then you wouldn't need this tutorial I would hope

Res help page 4, (/res ? 4)
(/res lset) Change blacklist and ignorelist options, blacklist disallows placement of specified blocks, ignorelist allows placement of specified blocks, the blacklist and ignorelist overwrite all flags
(/res flags) List of flags, navigate list with (/res flags ? #)
(/res list) Lists residences you own
(/res listall) Lists all residences and their respective owners
(/res sublist) Lists all subzones within the residence
(/res default) Resets a residence to default flags
(/res rename) Renames a residence

Res help page 5, (/res ? 5)
(/res mirror) Copies flag settings from one res to another, must own both res's
(/res market) not important, residence economy disabled atm
(/res current) Show residence your currently in
(/res lists) Different from (/res list) this allows you to create custom flag templates to apply to your residences
(/res server) Not important
(/res setowner) Not important
(/res reload) Not important

Res help page 6, (/res ? 6)
(/res reload) Not important
(/res version) Not important

Terms:

1) Subzone- Another residence set within a residence, totally independent of mother res, you can set a completely different flag layout, and message etc. When naming a subzone, remember you must still type the mother res' name to tp to it, this means if you make a subzone named storage, inside your main house named house, you must tp to (/res tp house.storage) with the "."
2) Area ID- What the area is called within a residence, a regular residence is ID main, subzones area IDs are the subzone name, when you do (/res area add) you must come up with a seperate name for the area ID.
3) Flag- Basis of residence plugin, a flag is a permission. They allow/disallow players to use containers, build, destroy, they also allow/disallow environmental actions such as water flowing, monsters spawning, and more.
4) Set/pset/gset- used with flags, a flag that is set is true for all players, a flag that is pset is true for specific players, overwriting set flags, a flag that is gset is true for all players within a specific residence permissions group(different from the normal groups like VIP, Dev, Moderators, Admins, Defaults)

Flags: (/res [set/pset/gset] [resname] [flagname] [T/F]

Build- Allows destroying and placing blocks
Use- Allows use of doors, levers, buttons, etc
Move- Allows movement within a residence, if move is set false, players are teleported to their last legal position(outside the residence or to place they were when they teleported to within the residence)
Container- Allows use of furnaces, chests, dispensers, etc
Place- Allows placement of blocks, overwriting build flag
Destroy- Allows destruction of blocks, overwrites build flag
Pvp- Allows pvp within the residence, also protects animals(your dogs)
Tp- allows teleporting to a residence, you can set tp false, and pset other people true allowing only those people to tp in
Admin- gives another player permision to change flags on a residence, useful if you make a city and wont be on all the time to allow people to build, or if you share a house.
Subzone- Allows a player to make subzones in the residence
Animals- Allows or denys animal spawning(works on animal spawners, not sure if it works for admin spawning)
Healing- Allows healing in residence
Tnt- Allows tnt explosions, tnt still explodes but does no block damage, on this server, tnt is disabled in some worlds, and is banned on the normal worlds anyway.
Creeper- Allows creeper explosions, creepers still explode and kill players, but do not destroy blocks
Ignite- Allows fire ignition
Firespread- Allows firespread
Bucket- Allows bucket use
Flow- Allows liquid flow
Lavaflow- Allows lava flow, overwrites Flow
Waterflow- Allows waterflow, overwrites Flow
Damage- Allows all entity damage, including animals, including explosion, drowning, falling, pvp damage.

Long story short:
Type (/res ?), you will be prompted with a help list of further commands, type (/res ? #) to scroll between the help pages, with # representing a number. Each command has a short description, to learn how use a command type (/res command ?), remember these commands also have pages in their help menu, navigate with (/res command ? #), some commands contain commands within and so on, eventually you form a chain of commands, you'll have to type it out everything you did to get there, ex: (/res lists pset default player build true)

Note: Putting a residence that covers other people's stuff to where they cannot access it is against the rules and may result in disciplinary action.

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/ivea3a.jpg[/IMG]
10-15-2011, 02:43 PM
RE: [IG-Tut]Residences(Self-serve protection)
Wow, epic guide jbanto!

[align=center]
[url=https://picbox.us][img]https://picbox.us/api/banner/sean.m.rice.png[/img][/url]
10-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Nice guide jbanto

[img]http://i.imgur.com/3EDZ9.jpg[/img]
10-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Good Job JB! I even learned some stuff XD I didn't know about all the other little things like Healing or allowing explosions.

[color=#32CD32]Who the hell is Hannah Montanna? Oh, that screeching redneck girl?"[/color] [color=#32CD32]~iSeeCream[/color]

[color=#1E90FF]"Just goes to show, just because someone's smooth doesn't mean they're not batshit insane." [/color] [color=#1E90FF]~WindAngelWolf[/color]

[color=#FFA500]"Huh, my wand is unyielding.... Bitch please, screw magic, I'ma stab people with it. It's unyielding. UNYIELDING!" [size=medium] ~ILL_DISTRACT_U[/size][/color]

[color=#9400D3]"Only those who have touched Drew's neck beard can say they have felt true love." ~Indigobeef[/color]
10-15-2011, 05:11 PM
thanks guys Smile I'll add more detail and make stuff more clear and colorful eventually

10-15-2011, 08:40 PM
bawss
10-20-2011, 02:11 AM
good~~~~~~

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[Image: Batman_wolfdarkn_sig_01.png]
10-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Tommie, stop spamming the same irrelevant comment on different topics
BTW, Changing sig confuses and infuriates me XD

[img]https://pcbx.us/sinjidkiller/avsn.png[/img]
[b][size=medium][color=#FFFFFF]Crispytenders. 'Nuff Said.[/color][/size][/b]
[quote='Ray Bradbury']I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.[/quote]
02-10-2012, 06:46 AM
And how do you help cosmetics representing the treatment of quotidian and not just.
Always wondered what motivates the choosing of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., why do you like it or another gathering manufacturers and piece experiences.
02-10-2012, 04:03 PM
RE: And how do you help cosmetics representing the treatment of quotidian and not just.
(02-10-2012 06:46 AM)alexdirrno Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Always wondered what motivates the choosing of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., why do you like it or another gathering manufacturers and piece experiences.

aww hail nah! You bots can spam on my TinyPic tutorial all you want, but NOBODY. I MEAN NOBODY. Messes with mah res tutorial!